16 ENERGY SAVING TIPS FOR GREYT OIL CUSTOMERS
Greyt Oil LLC is happy to provide home energy saving tips saving money and maximizing your home’s efficiencies all year long.
- Keep your system running smoothly by having your furnace tuned and serviced annually.
- When snow becomes deep, please provide a path for our drivers to the fuel fill pipe for safe and easy access. Ensure all vents on your heating appliances are clear of snow.
- Ensure your home is sufficiently insulated, especially in the attic. Pay special attention to windows and doors as they are usually the greatest source of heat loss in the home.
- Lowering your heat at night to 60 degrees can save 10-20% off your oil bill. An automatic thermostat can lower the heat at night and when you’re out of the house.
- Do not let your tank fall below 1/8 full.
- When not using the fireplace, close the damper and block drafts with extra insulation.
- Let the sun in during the day by opening drapes, blinds and curtains. Close them at night to keep heat in.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fan blades to push heat up towards the ceiling and back down the walls during the winter.
- Use full loads only when using clothes and dish washers.
- Repair any hot water faucet leaks.
- During the summer, a full oil tank will provide the greatest protection against moisture condensation build up inside the tank.
- Do not use a whole-house exhaust fan without closing the basement door and opening a window.
- Drapes and furniture should never block air vents.
- Carpeting and rugs should be used to cover bare floors to add comfort and heat retention, especially if there is little or no floor insulation.
- If going on vacation during the winter months, do not turn the heat off. Set the thermostat to 60 degrees.
- Homes should not be abandoned during the winter when frozen water pipes can cause substantial damage. Some security companies provide a “winter watchman” person and/or device to ensure mechanical equipment is functioning properly. Please provide Greyt Oil’s telephone number to any person watching the home while you’re away.
It is very important your Tank Whistle is working properly. If there is an issue, we will not be able to deliver until that is fixed by a professional technician. When the snow falls please remember to clear a path with the shortest distance from the street to your fill pipe. Our professional drivers thank you!
These energy saving home improvement tips will keep you safe and comfortable all year long. Contact us today to schedule your home heating oil delivery.